- Professional writer since 1995.
- Proficient in software documentation, marketing communications, editing, and blogging.
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Able to learn new technologies and information quickly.
- Proven ability to develop different formats and types of documents for a wide range of readers.
- Experience producing content that is compliant with Section 508 accessibility requirements.
- Graduate of Carnegie Mellon University.
Robyn was born and raised in Pleasant Hill, CA. She attended Carnegie Mellon University, where she majored in Professional Writing and Performance Studies. Intending to become a theatre critic, Robyn found a new purpose in 1995, while working for Computing Skills Workshop. She was creating documentation for Authorware presentations, the lessons that the CSW instructors gave to incoming freshmen. Realizing that she loved technology, writing, and helping others learn, she discovered that technical writing was a real job in the real world. After writing a textbook for CSW, she obtained an internship with Microsoft in the summer of 1996 and contracted for them throughout her senior year.
Robyn graduated in 1997 with college and university honors. She headed back to California, where she was a technical writer for Netscape, then Hotmail.
Robyn decided that she’d try something new, and moved to New Hampshire in October 1998. At first, Robyn worked for a small start-up, E-Travel, then Oracle bought E-Travel, and she transferred to Oracle Documentation Tools. Fate again took hold and this California girl returned to California.
After leaving Oracle, Robyn spent almost four years at Avanquest, working intimately with internationalization and translation teams. She chose to explore freelance opportunities, resulting in a variety of new writing. She forayed into blogging and social media, where she thrives. Her broad experiences make her suited to technical writing, marketing communications, editing, blogging, copywriting, and other types of informative nonfiction.
Robyn resides in the San Francisco Bay Area, where she is currently engaged as a contractor for Wells Fargo National Bank, NA, writing and editing banking procedures.
See Robyn on LinkedIn.